Your Belongings and Fire Damage
SERVPRO Brings Professional Fire Cleanup to Manchester Homeowners
After a fire is limited to a single area with a Manchester home, more considerable damage can occur by well-meaning homeowners trying to clean up fire and smoke damage from their walls. Applying wet cleaners on specific residues can grind the soot and leave permanent stains and fire odors.
It is not unusual for SERVPRO to arrive at a Manchester Property with Fire Damage and find that early self-cleaning efforts have already occurred. During the initial scoping, the technicians talk to the property owner to find out crucial knowledge for the restoration, such as:
- Articles within the fire damage area that are important to the homeowner
- If DIY cleaning occurred before SERVPRO arrival
- Greenlight for entry from first responders
What are the Outcomes of Under-Cleaned Smoke and Fire Damage?
When smoke residues do not get adequately removed, the smell of the fire damage remains within the home. The scent cannot be simply painted over. The odorous soot particles in the walls will continue to exude odor. SERVPRO team members have extensive training in removing all types of smoke damage as Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT). The tactics used to remove evidence of a house fire include:
- Use of specific tools and applications for dry and wet smoke residues
- Sealant as needed on walls
- Controlled demo on walls and assemblies too damaged for restorative cleaning
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (603) 669-7733
SERVPRO of Manchester specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of Manchester can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of Manchester can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims