Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Molds produce two types of chemical compounds to which occupants of water-damaged buildings may be exposed:
• Mycotoxins are known to cause health problems in humans.
• Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs) result in unpleasant smells in our homes.
Mycotoxins are poisonous substances. (“Myco” means fungus, so think of mycotoxins as “fungi toxins.”) They are designed for chemical warfare against other organisms, even against other types of molds. Living molds may produce mycotoxins to discourage other molds or bacteria from growing in the same territory. Unfortunately, humans who inhale, ingest, or touch mycotoxins may have a toxic reaction. Not all molds produce mycotoxins; furthermore, molds that can produce mycotoxins do not produce them in all situations.
Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds are called mVOCs. mVOCs are produced by chemical changes that take place during the mold life process. They are waste products given off by actively growing molds. Some mVOCs produce musty and moldy odors. Research has not proven that exposure to mVOCs causes health effects, but the odors from mVOCs may indicate a level of mold contamination requiring remediation.
Research is ongoing as to how chemical compounds from mold relate to health effects in humans. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has stated that more studies are needed to understand the relation between mycotoxins and health. Also according to EPA, research in mVOCs is still in an early phase. Perhaps one of the most extensive studies on mold’s health effects is the report by the Institute of Medicine.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (603) 669-7733
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Manchester?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (603) 669-7733
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Manchester is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Manchester community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2110 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.