Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Molds produce two types of chemical compounds to which occupants of water-damaged buildings may be exposed:
• Mycotoxins are known to cause health problems in humans.
• Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs) result in unpleasant smells in our homes.
Mycotoxins are poisonous substances. (“Myco” means fungus, so think of mycotoxins as “fungi toxins.”) They are designed for chemical warfare against other organisms, even against other types of molds. Living molds may produce mycotoxins to discourage other molds or bacteria from growing in the same territory. Unfortunately, humans who inhale, ingest, or touch mycotoxins may have a toxic reaction. Not all molds produce mycotoxins; furthermore, molds that can produce mycotoxins do not produce them in all situations.
Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds are called mVOCs. mVOCs are produced by chemical changes that take place during the mold life process. They are waste products given off by actively growing molds. Some mVOCs produce musty and moldy odors. Research has not proven that exposure to mVOCs causes health effects, but the odors from mVOCs may indicate a level of mold contamination requiring remediation.
Research is ongoing as to how chemical compounds from mold relate to health effects in humans. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has stated that more studies are needed to understand the relation between mycotoxins and health. Also according to EPA, research in mVOCs is still in an early phase. Perhaps one of the most extensive studies on mold’s health effects is the report by the Institute of Medicine.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (603) 669-7733
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Manchester?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (603) 669-7733
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Manchester is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Manchester community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2180 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.