Recent General Posts
Emergency Service Calls
Whenever we get an emergency service call we must attend to that immediately. This sometimes means having to reschedule other jobs that we have going on. Luckily, our customers are understanding and always patient with us while we attend to these emergencies.
Some emergencies do require protection for our technicians, this includes; face mask, gloves, full body suits, and goggles. We make sure not only that our technicians are safe, but also that when we clean whatever may have been near or even touched the hazardous materials that it is safe for use afterwards or that it is accounted for in the belongings that were not salvageable.
As a homeowner, whenever something occurs remember to call your insurance. Not only may it be covered but they can call SERVPRO of Manchester-East in to handle it; quickly, proficiently, professionally, and carefully. You also can call us directly at 603-669-7733 and we can help you through the process.
House Cleaning - Carpet Cleaning - Smoke Cleaning - SERVPRO of Manchester-East
Looking for a full house cleaning, including carpet cleaning? SERVPRO of Manchester-East has got you covered! We are well known for our ability to go above and beyond your normal house keeping services. Between our very experienced production techs and top of the line equipment, we will clean every inch of your house from walls to carpet and floors!
SMOKE SMELL IN HOUSE?
If anyone in your house smokes cigarettes or cigars it is understandable that those smells can eventually get trapped in a room or your house. Nicotine can stick onto walls and the ceiling which is what will cause unwanted odors to stick around for you and your guests to smell. We can help in not only getting rid of the odors, but we will go above and beyond and use the necessary formulas to clean out the nicotine stuck on your walls and ceiling. I can say from personal experience that after cleaning a smoker's house it makes the worlds difference. SERVPRO of Manchester-East does not leave anywhere untouched and will make sure that you are satisfied with the job!
Worried about freezing pipes? Try these tips from SERVPRO Manchester-East
You are not alone when it comes to the fight against freezing pipes and it is not always avoidable. As water begins to freeze it also expands and ultimately causes pipes to burst, leaving you with a flooded room. However, there may be some steps you can take in order to try to prevent this from happening to you!
It is important to understand that pipes freeze in the areas of your house that are most vulnerable to the cold where there is little to no insulation, such as the basement, attic and or garage (that's not to say it can't happen anywhere).
Here is a list of tips in trying to avoid pipes from freezing:
- keep all areas of the house well heated as this is the biggest thing you can do to avoid pipes from bursting
- if heating is not an option in places such as your garage, basement, attic, etc. then it is highly recommended to add insulation to these areas to keep the room temperature higher
- check where water supply lines are in your house such as in the kitchen under the skin and in the bathrooms and make sure these areas are well insulated and kept above freezing temperatures
- there are certain products you can have installed such as pipe sleeves or heat tape to help in trying to prevent from pipes freezing
- if money is tight and you can't afford to insulate, newspaper can act as a decent insulator to help keep temperatures up in areas where pipes are exposed to the cold for long periods of time
- consider relocating exposed pipes to more insulated areas
- keep your garage doors shut in order to ensure it stays as warm as possible
- in freezing weather you can let the water drip very slightly from the faucet, which can help prevent pipes from freezing temperature should never be left below 55 degrees Fahrenheit (although higher the better)
Help in Manchester, NH :
Should disaster strike and you find yourself in a flooded mess, SERVPRO of Manchester-East is here to help! We are serving Manchester, NH and surrounding areas of southern New Hampshire as well as Vermont and Massachusetts. Give us a call at 603-669-7733 and help will be on its way! We are open to calls 24/7 and are here to serve you in your time of need. With trained technicians and professional equipment, no one does it better than us!